The Drum beats of the year 2015 is slowly coming to a halt. There will never be another 2015 in the history of mankind. All around people are getting set for the New Year just a few days away. I don’t know about you but I definitely want the New Year to be far better than the outgoing year. There is the possibility of getting tensed as is usually the case when facing an unknown or unfamiliar terrain. A momentum of change by way of setting new goals and plans is rising; would it be sustained?
Personally I am routing for serious changes in certain areas of my life. I want the desired change to happen quickly, if possible in January but something stopped me in my tracks. It got me thinking and accessing myself, goals and dreams for 2016. I’d like to share with you lessons from a sermon I listened to on the last Sunday in the 2015:
• Don’t rush yourself into achieving all your set goals in one month, which is setting yourself up for failure.
• Make it one mile stone at a time; one thing at a time.
• Watch out for opportunities by listening to what people around you are talking about; an idea that would change everything might just pop up.
• Be ready to get out of your comfort zone.
• Be ready to try new things.
• Your brilliant idea or vision would not happen in one day. There is a process it must go through but it will come to reality as you work and wait patiently.
• From the wise words of the book of Ecclesiastics: “There is a time and season for everything… He makes all things beautiful in his time.
• Don’t rush yourself; don’t join in the rat race.
• Be calm, work hard and patiently wait for your dreams to come to pass.
Wishing you a fulfilling 2016.