Never stop growing
Be growth oriented and not goal oriented
Never be satisfied with attainment off a position; keep growing, keep learning. (Inspired by the book 360 Degree Leadership)
Vision leaks, it needs to be communicated clearly, creatively and continually. John C. Maxwel
To get your team’s buy in into a vision you have to sell it to them.
If they don’t get it they will not run with it
If they don’t get it they can frustrate it
If they don’t buy into your vision you are going to have a hard time succeeding.
Don’t be a Mr/Ms know all
Don’t let ego get in the way
You need your team/followers to achieve your goals
Leadership is about leading and not an ego trip
You can succeed too; get your team on board and on the same page with you.
Tips for getting your team on your side
• Share your vision clearly…paint the picture of what you want to achieve or where you want to go.
• Tell them you need them to achieve this.
• If you have a plan of how to get to where you want to go/achieve your goals share it with your team. However tap into their amazing ideas that will help get you to your goal.
• Assign duties and let them get on with carrying out their tasks without breathing down on their necks.
• Have a re-group meeting where you can remind your team of the goal/vision and get an up-date about how close you all are to the vision.
• Appreciate, appreciate efforts of your team.
• Acknowledge that you and your team made it happen…don’t take all the credit.
• If something doesn’t work share in the blame don’t push the fault on your team members.
• Take charge…be in charge, let your team know that they can come to you to handle problems that show up.
• Celebrate your success with your team…reward them maybe with a small tea party; certificates of thank you for a job well done and perhaps a raise if it calls for that.
Goodluck with wearing your leadership shoes!!!