I am taking an on-line course on Future Learn Website
Here are a few tips about Management and Leadership – Growing as a Manager.
How to effectively manage or Lead your team/employees
• You need to be trustworthy: Your staff or team need to be able to trust you.
• Communicate effectively with your employees ensuring that they understand tasks that need to be done; and what you want to achieve as an organization.
• Learn to delegate effectively: Trust members of your team with a certain task but also ensure that you support them in carrying it out.
• Admit bad decisions you make
• Be firm when necessary(Autocratic)
• Be democratic – Give room for the creativity of your team/staff to blossom. Engage them in the process of running the unit or organization.
• Have an effective working relationship with those under your supervision
• Lead by example
• Ability to be able to make decisions…Managers/Leaders make decisions.
Taking Training courses is not the only way to learn
Other ways to learn:
• Learn from other people’s experience by observing and talking with them.
• Use Websites
• Undertake development tasks by taking up new responsibility. Don’t shy away from taking up new assignments. You learn new things and grow.
• Seek feedback from other people.
Adebisi Adetunji (C)