I wish I had had an opportunity to learn about safe motherhood as a young girl/lady. In preparing a girl to settle down in marriage mothers are expected to teach her to cook, clean, wash and manage a home. Then as your wedding day draws near you get a little gist about satisfying your man sexually…Bedroom matters that nobody even gives you detailed instruction about how it works. We usually stumble along the way finding out as days, weeks and months pass by. Well this is a story for another blog post.
This post is about how to equip young women single and married about safe motherhood. Trust me this is very important especially if you intend to have children. My personal story and journey into motherhood was a turbulent one. It almost cost my life and that of my baby. I simply didn’t know and my young husband didn’t know any better. We made a lot of unhealthy mistakes that even now I still regret.
Knowledge they say is power…here is an opportunity to get the necessary information and keys to a safe motherhood…it might save your life or someone close to you.
Who is organizing the Training?
Life Builders, a Non-profit Organization is facilitating this training
Theme: Safe Motherhood Education Training
It is a flexible two days (Saturdays) training spread across two weekends.
What to expect/Topics:
First Day – 8th April, 2017
• Before Pregnancy: Know Yourself; Prepare yourself
• During Pregnancy: Attending Ante natal; Periodic Pelvic Scans
• During Labour
Second Day – 22nd April, 2017
• Post-Partum Period: Breast feeding, Immunization, Exercises that will help the uterus return to pre pregnancy stage;
• Nutrition: Know your baby; Weaning Class; Eating for two and still maintaining a good shape.
• Family Planning/next pregnancy: Sex Post-Partum, Child Spacing/Contraceptive; Returning to work/day care/housekeeper; Cancer Prevention – Periodic check
Venue: Life Builders, Ikolaba Agodi G. R. A, Ibadan.
Time/Duration: 10am – 2pm daily
Mrs Grace Oluwatoye – 08033745604
To participate in this training – Send your name to these numbers 07013141188, 08132338817 (50 Slots available)
Adebisi Adetunji ©