And if you depend on electricity to pump water into your tank and you live where power supply can go off for days…. Hmmm save some water for a rainy day😀
The other day we had one of those days without electricity supply and pumping water was out of the question. Usually at such times we make use of water reserved in big containers. As I scoped water with a bowl into a bucket it suddenly dawned on me that the water will finish soon. We usually fill the big container with like 7 to eight large size buckets. I realized that it is only the amount of water that we reserved that we are getting back. So we would get to use only the amount of water saved earlier… Nothing more… Nothing less.
If nothing is saved there will be nothing to draw from
It suddenly hit me, saving for a rainy day is important. I better start taking it more seriously. Of course I am trying to save through my office cooperative group and as well put some money away I the bank but I haven’t been as committed as l should.
The rainy day always look far or our mind play a trick on us that it will never come. My advice to myself and you my reader start saving more.
There will never enough money to save from but you still have to save.
A few tricks on how to save some money away
* Make up your mind to save something from your pay check no matter how little you are earning.
* Sign a document that allows your bank to deduct the amount you intend to save directly from your salary account into a savings account that you can not withdraw money from for a stipulated period of time.
* Have a target/project or something you are saving for in mind. It could be the education of your children or even your self, house project, a business project. This will help you to be focus.
* Don’t have an ATM card for your savings account or else you will be tempted to withdraw money when in need.
* Have a monthly budget and work within it.
* Have a plan and take steps towards having multiple source of income. Take advantage of your skills and talents. Do something else apart from your monthly pay work. This relieve’s you of having to work with a very tight budget that can really prevent you from saving.
* Remember little drops make an ocean.
Enjoy your week.
Adebisi Adetunji (C)