Well hello there…How has your life been? What have you been up to lately? I totally hope and pray that your life has been easy…hmmmn it might be really tough now with all you have to joggle. Some things are just out of our control but wherever your life is at right now, hey it can be better. So take one day at a time; one moment at a time.
My crux of the matter today is simply about how to maintain a healthy life style, a clean and tidy living environment. It starts with taking care of your body. Besides taking your bath how else can you take care of your body?
I know a lot of us ladies like to look prim, proper and beautiful after all looks are everything to a woman. Now some ladies don’t really care about all that make up stuff. They just want to maintain a simple outlook so they go for easy to wear stuff but girl you need to pep up your appearance sometimes. A good massage, full makeover, a new dress and shoe is definitely a nice way of treating yourself special.
Lady you need to pay attention to been clean inside and out.
Tips for maintaining good body hygiene and cleanliness
• Take a shower not only in the mornings, when you get back from the day’s work is a good time to take a warm or cold bath whichever you prefer. It freshens you up and kind of like a massage to your aching and tired body. Then you are also able to get rid of dirt and sweat making you appealing to yourself and husband just in case some snuggling and intimacy thing will happen *wink*
• Shave your armpit and vagina(some people like to trim instead). This makes it easy to wash off sweat and clean your private area. I know you use deodorant and roll-on but nothing better than good old water and soap after which you can now apply all the nice scent products.
• Wash off your make up before you go to bed.
• Wash your underwears and keep them clean. 1) Please wear a different under pant for each day. It is easy for guys/men to wear a boxer for one week without washing it. It is a no…no…no for a woman or lady. This is because we have slight discharge apart from our menstrual blood flow. You are playing with infection from germs. 2) Wash your brazier and inner wear often. Don’t wear your brazier for a month before remembering to wash it, that is simply unhygienic and unhealthy.
• Wash your clothes. learn to do some of your laundries yourself or hire someone to do it if you can afford it.
Tips for maintaining a clean and healthy living environment
• Sweep and mop the floor.
• Stop leaving dirty plates and pots in the sink. To save yourself the stress of washing a whole stack learn to clean up immediately after cooking. When you are done eating wash your plates immediately and get everyone in your house to wash their plates immediately after use especially your children. Sometimes “the husband” too should help with the dishes especially our African men …Lol
• Have a laundry basket where everyone throws their dirty clothes instead of littering your room and everywhere in the house with worn clothes.
• Have a day to do your washing don’t just keep post phoning.
• Your sitting room should also be comfortable and clean. If you are nursing a baby do not allow him/her to pee on the couch. You are not going to like the odor and oozing smell that will greet you afterward if this continues. In case it does happen that your baby pees, or spills food on your couch, clean with soap and water using a sponge or an old cloth material. This will help clean up nicely and leave your couch odorless.
• Now bathrooms and toilets are very important. Keep it clean starts with you flushing after every use whether it is minor or major, by that I mean after urinating or pooping. Wash your toilets and bathrooms at least once a week. Keep the floors free of water by mopping every time water pours on the floor.
• Bedrooms and wardrobe: Make your bed as soon as you get up(An advice I need myself as my husband is the one who cannot stand an unmade bed) He actually makes it on our behalf, lucky me. 🙂 Arrange your wardrobe every now and then. Do not jumble dirty and clean clothes together; it will all begin to smell of sweat!
My point here is this woman:
Don’t just pay attention to looking speck and dashing on the outside; pay attention to cleanliness and staying healthy.
And my dear woman who wants to get married but does not like to clean or do house chores, think again o! You will have to do it anyhow because even if your man is a modern man who is so homely, he cannot handle all the work of managing and keeping your home clean.
Why learn how to manage and keep a home tidy and clean
• You and everyone in your family stay healthy.
• You are able to keep a safe environment where children and even you do not injure themselves for tripping over a wire or handling sharp objects for example.
• It’s your home, make it comfortable and a place to come to for yourself and family members.
• Some marriages are in troubled waters because of the woman or “madam”, is simply not tidy and very dirty (Not trying to judge here).