Life is a teacher and everyday each one of us is presented with an opportunity to learn. How we choose to handle our jobs, family, business, career and the pursuit of our dreams can eventually make or mar our progress.
Perhaps the thought line should be about “the how” you make progress. A few tips:
1. Give your best and go that extra mile – when we give our best and do more, someone that matters is observing. It is likely that you get even bigger opportunities that will improve your life & earnings. Mediocres and lazy people are going to reap an empty harvest and will end up becoming servants to their contemporaries.
2. Do not step on other people’s head to climb your ladder of progress – sometimes people bad mouth or give a negative /evil report of a competitor in the bid to be awarded a contract or get a position. Hmmmn… there is always a reaping time even if you do get the job or position. The people you bad mouthed will get other opportunities even better while you will soon learn that it takes more than craftiness to achieve and maintain success. Soon the true picture of who you are will show. WAIT FOR YOUR TIME… IT PAYS.
3. Honesty & Integrity – in our world today it is difficult to believe or take people by their words. We have experienced so much disappointment and we see a lot of corruption. Everyone wants a kick back even before they do the job they are paid to do. Life is full of choices, its your prerogative to choose how you will do your business or job. Unusual opportunities comes to those who deal in integrity and honesty. Even the highly placed dishonest person knows who to look for when in need of someone to handle a bid deal that matters to him/her.
3. Be friendly and extend a helping hand– try and maintain a good relationship with everyone you deal with whether at work, home or on a project. No need to be saucy and high handed especially if you have an upper hand. You may need such persons to be the link that takes you up on your ladder of progress. It doesn’t mean you have to be best friends with everyone but be cordial and kind.
4. Show kindness it will come back to you.
Have yourself a great Friday and weekend.
Adebisi Adetunji (C) Project Director Beehyve Initiative.