The Count Down to the new year ended days ago and here we are already counting days! Don’t be alarmed or worried if you are yet to figure out your goals and plans. Perhaps you have a few things figured out already but don’t even know the moves to make or steps to take yet towards achieving your goals. Hey… take your time, it is not a hundred metres dash race! Slow and Steady will eventually win the race!
SOMETIMES YOU DON’T HAVE TO START A NEW YEAR WITH A NEW GOAL-
Review the previous years projects and goals and see if you need to build /consolidate on things you started last year. Mostly we all think that there must be new goals and plans for the new year, this is not always necessary. You can expand on things you are already working on and achieve a higher level of growth and success.
Tips to Help you with Running Your Race this new year
- Take time out to think through what you want changed; what you want to achieve or acquire.
- Write down a list of the changes you want and what you want to achieve.
- Take a closer look and ask yourself, “What is really important to me right now?”. This is cutting down on your long list to help you arrive at the most productive and profitable goals that will help make your life better.
- Remember 2019 is personal to you – Yes you arrived in the new year with friends, family and colleagues, remember the Journey is personal to everyone.
Run your own race, stop that habit of comparing yourself with that of others around you. YOU REALLY DO NOT KNOW THEIR STRUGGLES!
5.When you become clear about what is really important to you, get specific about what you want to achieve in that particular area. For Example : One of my main goal and pursuit this year is, “Self Development”. So I sat down to think through and pen down what area of my life I want to develop. SKILLS- I want to learn more about video editing using my smartphone. Already I am checking out apps and reaching out to a friend who is good at this. FAITH – Plan my week every Sunday and decide on what book of the Bible to study and focus on for each week.
6. TAKE ACTION – It is not enough to know or be clear about what you want to achieve, you have to take action to make them happen. You don’t have to necessarily take a big leap; take small and simple steps to get you to making a reality of your dreams/goals. It can be as simple as making a call; reading a book about the new skill you want to acquire ; changing your diet, exercising more; building a better love life ; enrolling in a course or simply just getting out of bed everyday to do something.
7. Take time to connect with the divine and pray about your goals and what you want to see happen for you. I tell you there is a place for divine or supernatural help.
8. Love yourself; Love your life, Live your life.
2019 is not a hundred metres dash; run your race, slow and steady and win your race.
Adebisi Adetunji (C) Founder Beehyve Empowerment and Development Initiative. Media content provider, Trainer & consultant-@debisibusybeemedia, Behavioral Change Radio Drama, Communication4Development, Social Media Influencer, Controller Programs (FRCN) Catch me on Twitter – @DebisiBusybee, Facebook & email – email@example.com