Your stats can be more than something you take a peep at every now and then to catch a glimpse of who has visited or viewed your site. You can go beyond the sinking feeling of not seeing enough numbers of readers, views and visitors…beyond that ecstatic feeling of having reached a big number. Just because your stats jumped does not mean it can not go down again or be more. But then celebrate your achievements and success.
Here is what studying my Stats from a close point of view mirrored for me:
- My most viewed page with the highest number of views/readership is my Home page/Archives with 1,779 views just this year 2016
- Next I discovered that my readers/visitors/viewers seem to be interested in information about care of the elderly. This is why my most clicked on/read post is ” Care Service Providers for the elderly in Nigeria”. 917hits.
- I also found out that posts on Relationships and Marriage drew in a number of readers/viewing.
A few things a closer look at your stats can help you achieve:
- Helps you to know the number of followers you have on word press and on your various social media platforms
Mine: WordPress – 134 followers
Facebook – 502
Twitter – 68
Not sure of my LinkedIn account..which means i have to work on this.
- I also learned that i have neglected some followers as i haven’t acknowledged their kind gesture in following me by thanking them, following back and commenting on their posts too. One good turn deserves another they say.
- It will help you know the geographical location of those following/reading your blog. Having this knowledge will help you understand your audience and their preference.
- You’d also be able to determine the best day and hour to post based on what statistics revealed about your most popular day and hour with the highest views You’d also be able to determine whether you are reaching your target audience or not.
- You will have knowledge about search engine words/phrases that generated clicks on your site/bog.
Good news for me
- This exercise revealed that i have achieved more than my set goal of having 500 followers, meaning i have to aim higher now.
- I compared two years stat 2015 and 2016 and discovered that i had gained more viewings and following by 35% judging by the numbers.
It is good to know that i am moving and getting better and i am not resting on my oars…None off us should because it can be better.
Hope this has been helpful.
And i want to say thank you to every reader, follower and visitor to my page. Love you loads 🙂
And seriously thank you Blogging U Team…This course on Blogging, Branding and Growth rocks!!!
Photo Credits: Ismallbusiness.com, Activegroupinc.com, problogger.net
Adebisi Adetunji (C)